9.17.2008

Embrace Gown: let me talk to you about it:)

As I saw Samsara Nishi did this for her great Lava dress, I am adding a few words on why 'embrace'? what does this gown mean to me?
Well, the designs we (me and 20 or so other VERY talented designers) presented for this event have all been inspired by the Black Swan. Wonderful and absolutely *different* sim.
Those of you who know me most likely also know I am a very troubled creator... I get inspired by totally random things, I suffer from lack of creativity at times (and feels AWFUL!), I always find a defect in the making of most of my crazy ideas...
So I am very slow when it comes to making something new. I start thinking what I want to come up with, start experimenting for the prims... then when I find an interesting and well-made prim shape I like, I go with textures.

Now, being picky as I am, I often stop designs even at their very first steps... cause I just KNOW the prim skirt won't look good enough while walking, the textures will not render it too good... and who knows what else lol!

So this time I said to myself: Clio, go on that SIM! And find something that strikes you!

I did... teleported over, got the pass device, had a flight all over the place.
There's tons, millions, zillions of inspiring, weird, halucinogenic (is that even a word? lol) things on the Black Swan. I could go with those lights that circle around right over the water's surface, the lava lake, the ballerina, the baby in the egg (which kind of scares me, honestly), the see through figures of dolphins and birds that look like a dream or a mirage....
I swear, I kept asking myself what to pick!

All those things just reminded me of too many colours, too many shapes that were already 'decided' for them (eg: if I decided to make a lava dress, I would have probably made it red... cause that's what lava would be to me! ... while Samsara managed to give it a much deeper thought).

Till after around 30 minutes of desperate flight around the island, looking for something that could really shake me, I bumped in the 2 giants holding each others.

They are so big, so tall in the exact centre of the SIM that I hadn't even noticed them at the beginning.
A man and a woman together in a steady but passionate embrace.
The idea struck me in that very moment.
I flew around them for a while, contemplating the sculpture that was already suggesting me the ideas I wanted, so I could get to work and start creating.

As an embrace the dress is soft. It moves gently and holds the woman as if the skirt panels were the arms of a lover.
The sleeves are long, because a hug feels warm on your arms, and they are softer and somewhat heavier up towards the shoulders.
Neck and shoulders are uncovered, to show a woman's beauty and sensuality, and a flowered chocker adds delicacy to the ensemble.

I always go for many colours options, cause I love colours. They are a way to express emotions and thoughts (almost like music, if you allow me:)). They are the instruments of a painter, and of us who use visuals to communicate.

I made 3 colours versions for this one... only 3, cause I did not have time :)
But for each I splitted the cloth in 2 and added 2 different textures: afterall, it takes two to make an embrace :)

And that's how I made a dress to express a woman's soul, to say how good (confusing, fizzy, warm, delicate, passionate, soft...) it feels to be held in someone's arms.

Lol, I am not used to writing serious things. Forgive me if I sound silly, but I thought I'd let you all know what this dress means :)

I hope you all will find the time to see the Black Swan SIM, because it really deserves a visit:)

With love,
Clio

No comments: